A new year is the perfect time to assess your recruitment and HR goals. You may want to improve the organization of your recruitment process or spend less time sorting through resumes and contacting applicants. Perhaps you desire more qualified applicants or employees with greater longevity. No matter your business’ goals, an applicant tracking system (ATS) is an ideal tool for improving recruitment workflows and acquiring more qualified applicants.
Constantly balancing a wide variety of work tasks, HR managers know the meaning of “busy.” An elegant ATS provides a variety of options and features that save time thanks to automated workflows, convenient integrations, and automated solutions.
- Automation: Why use manual processes that waste valuable time? HiringThing provides many automation options to help streamline and optimize hiring. Save time by including key qualifiers in applications or knock-out questions that disqualify unfit candidates. From smart forms to applicant ratings to a multitude of customizable options, automation provides flexibility that hiring managers value.
- Integration: Without ever leaving the HiringThing platform, simplify the process with integrated software that business operations rely on. Communication tools like Slack or compensation software like take businesses to the next level.
- Job posting: Avoid wasting time posting positions to individual job boards and social media sites — each with different logins and requirements. Instead, effortlessly post to multiple platforms with a few clicks, allowing job hunters to easily see your jobs.
- Communication: Say goodbye to endless email chains, miscommunications, and scheduling snafus. With our messaging and calendar options, communicating with candidates via SMS texts or customized email templates is simple. Integrations with popular calendar apps, like Google or Outlook, easily coordinate and schedule interviews between candidates and multiple team members. Plus, keep key stakeholders informed by sharing information and assigning specific permission levels by user.
Hire the best
An ATS provides processes for wading through stacks of unqualified applicants and detecting the best people available. Find candidates who not only possess the needed skills and traits but are less likely to contribute to the turnover rate.
Finding and organizing: To access new applicant sources, use innovative in-app feature options. Take advantage of applicant pooling — a unique source for local, high-quality talent. Through our partnership with Resume-Library, sourcing candidates for hard-to-fill positions is simple. You will have the option to browse through a vast library of redacted resumes, purchasing only those that look promising. Once applications are submitted, a keyword rating system will quickly sort and rate candidates, omitting unqualified applicants.
Background checks: Don’t make decisions in the dark. Bad hires not only threaten your reputation and waste money but can also endanger staff. An integrated and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) compliant background check will help you hire with ease.
Pre-employment assessments: Predict job performance and fit by using a variety of tools that help managers hire the best. Whether you’re evaluating personality or cognitive ability or simply ensuring employees will stick around, our pre-employment assessments can help you make informed hiring decisions and reduce the cost of employee turnover.
Why settle for an out-of-the-box solution? Instead, seek an ATS with the ability to import and store files, as well as an API integration to provide intuitive hiring that adapts to unique business practices and objectives.
- Branding: Clearly communicate brand values with a custom careers page that incorporates logo, color palette, and messaging.
- Form Builder™: Customizable application forms target the specific skills and experience you seek thanks to knock-out questions, qualifiers, and the ability to add the necessary details (such as salary history or prior work experience).
- Offer letters: Offer letter templates utilize digital signatures, automatically save to the applicant’s profile, and can outline specific benefits and policies for each candidate. Plus, set up hiring workflows to acquire approval from other team members before sending out letters.
- Onboarding: Uploading onboarding documents (or choosing from our standard options for forms, such as W-4 or direct deposit) is an easy way to make the experience convenient for candidates.
Achieve Hiring Happiness™
In 2020, commit to using a simple yet powerfully effective ATS. Streamline recruitment and find the best hires with HiringThing’s superior technology, easy implementation, and friendly Support Beyond Compare™. Ready to give it a try? Sign up for our free 14-day trial.
Author: Ashley Ellingson
Ashley Ellingson is a marketing content writer at HiringThing, an award-winning online recruiting software provider dedicated to changing the way businesses hire talent. Questions? Contact HiringThing Marketing.